How are you making money with your blog?

Drakka

Feb 7, 2020
www.drakkashade.com
I got denied for AdSense, they want more content. They also want more advertising with the affiliate links I have posted, so I'm working on that. I just learned how to make the affiliate link into a hyperlink so I'm thinking about adding a new section to my blog about my daily life, which will be more for advertising purposes. Once I find an interested artist who won't charge me an arm and a leg to start up (which I have one in mind but she's busy for the next few months) I'm going to start posting artwork on my page to make things more lively and colorful. I intend to set up an online store to sell merchandise, which I have mostly set up, I just need products to sell, which means I need art. If anyone reading this is an artist and is interested in a partnership, please feel free to check out www.drakkashade.com read some of my work and if you think it would be a good little project for you feel free to reach out!

Reactions: Cathycreech

Beth.teastheseason

Feb 6, 2020
I was approached by a recipe making application that I use for my blog posts. They want to use examples from my blog to demonstrate the application. I am assuming that there is no compensation. Do I ask if there is compensation for this or do I just go ahead and participate since I am really not making money any other way? Just thoughts and then courage haha.
Thanks,
Beth

Debbie Lilly

Feb 8, 2020
East Texas
travelandtell.com
~I made less than $3 on AdSense after months so I took the ads off for a while. I've just recently allowed some again bc I've been getting more traffic with 10k challenge and Blogging Blastoff. Will see how that goes.🤓
~Was kicked off of Amazon even with a couple of sales that they didn't allow for some reason... I'm going to keep working on traffic and try to figure out a strategy that works for getting people to click on links and actually buy something. Any suggestions welcomed!:) Also, how long did you all wait to reapply? I would like to reapply if this actually pays decently.
~So far, the emails I've sent reaching out for sponsored posts or collaborations, haven't even been acknowledged :p
OK don't laugh....well you can if you want, I did!...I thought the only things I've gotten from HARO & Cison were solicitations bc the 1st line that showed in my email was always some list or tip they were pushing. I deleted everyone of them daily. I just realized that the queries were all below and numerous. I've probably missed some opportunities. Haha😂 Has anyone had any luck on sponsored posts or anything with them?
~Our blog is a travel blog so we don't have a product to sell. That sounds like a good revenue source for those of you that do.
I would love to learn some tips and techniques on getting brands to respond for collaboration. I know it's possible bc I see Instagram influencers doing it all the time! 🤩

Reactions: debbih

Debbie Lilly

Feb 8, 2020
East Texas
travelandtell.com
I was approached by a recipe making application that I use for my blog posts. They want to use examples from my blog to demonstrate the application. I am assuming that there is no compensation. Do I ask if there is compensation for this or do I just go ahead and participate since I am really not making money any other way? Just thoughts and then courage haha.
Thanks,
Beth
I would do the pitch back thing tell them you are interested in collaborating and would like to discuss compensation, give them a custom quote or something to that affect. Maybe others have already had success with pitch backs and can help? That's great that they reached out to you! Congrats!

Beth.teastheseason

Feb 6, 2020
I would do the pitch back thing tell them you are interested in collaborating and would like to discuss compensation, give them a custom quote or something to that affect. Maybe others have already had success with pitch backs and can help? That's great that they reached out to you! Congrats!
Thanks Debbie - not sure its a huge reach out but hey, I will take it for sure. Appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

JenniferMMTH

Feb 6, 2020
I need to learn too.
I have the Amazon affiliate, info links ads ( never heard back from Adsense, so thinking they never approved me!), booking.com & just joined ShareASale( haven’t put up any of their products up yet), but have not earned anything yet. It’s been just over a month, so not much traffic, so no clicks yet. Would love to learn tips how to monetize!
I just want to encourage you it takes a little while with Adsense, sometimes more than a month. So keep an eye out for an email from them.

Reactions: nishthapant

Mother Budgeter

Feb 29, 2020
$0.08 here from adsense. I HATE ads so I think it truly goes against who I am to keep them, especially when there is no money to be had. I'm working on my "products" and budget coaching/training sessions. I am considering Blogging Blastoff 2.0 but need to save up a little money to go for it - hoping that'll help me make really money.

Reactions: Tabitha

Misfit Living

Feb 7, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.MisfitLiving.com
Extremely helpful for sure. Was Woocommerce easy for you to setup? I am struggling with it but have gotten my items out there. Just can't seem to get the cart, account information, payment stuff on the page. Thanks for the information on the shipping. All this is great information.
The cart page should be by default (you just choose which payments you will accept). The account information is only to which account you want to set your payments to, every thing else is fairly by default.

Reactions: Deb@livinginfavor

Cindy Davis

Mar 12, 2020
I would like to use affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, and eventually incorporate my own services on my blog. I dont know where to start with the affiliates and sponsored posts though.
That's of interest to me, too. Thing is, a blogger needs tons of traffic to monetize and I get less than 100/day.

ThisBlondeLife

Mar 13, 2020
Michigan
I use Adsense (currently on my blog and hoping to eventually meet the criteria on YouTube to earn through there as well). I also use affiliate links (amazon & share a sale). Don't make much as of now, but I know it takes time!

Natalie - Team Reese

Staff member
Feb 7, 2020
I've made no money yet...being a new blogger but I am looking into the various ways to do so. Signed on with Amazon. Approached another company & waiting for a response. Taking it slow & doing some research. Plus getting traffic to my site...it takes time.
It certainly does take time, Deb! Glad that you realize that and are taking proactive action to make it happen for you! I wanted to share a link to Pete and Heather’s video explaining the top 5 ways you can make money blogging! If you click through to watch the video on their Facebook page, you can comment to automatically receive a pdf document with more information. https://www.facebook.com/ItsALovelyLife/videos/358541938259019/ I hope this helps!

Natalie - Team Reese

Staff member
Feb 7, 2020
I have not added affiliate links or monetized my blog yet. I figured that I would need to build content and get some steady traffic first. Maybe I’m wrong?
Hi @sjbell01! You'll definitely want to be fully launched and have between 10-20 posts up and live first. You'll also want your social media platforms up and running and begin engaging with your followers. There are affiliates out there you can start to apply with as soon as your blog launches. I'm sharing a link to Pete and Heather’s video explaining the top 5 ways you can make money blogging just so you can get an idea of different ways you can do it. If you click through to watch the video on their Facebook page, you can comment to automatically receive a pdf document with more information. https://www.facebook.com/ItsALovelyLife/videos/358541938259019/ I hope this helps!

Reactions: sjbell01

sjbell01

Mar 18, 2020
Hi @sjbell01! You'll definitely want to be fully launched and have between 10-20 posts up and live first. You'll also want your social media platforms up and running and begin engaging with your followers. There are affiliates out there you can start to apply with as soon as your blog launches. I'm sharing a link to Pete and Heather’s video explaining the top 5 ways you can make money blogging just so you can get an idea of different ways you can do it. If you click through to watch the video on their Facebook page, you can comment to automatically receive a pdf document with more information. https://www.facebook.com/ItsALovelyLife/videos/358541938259019/ I hope this helps!
Great. Thanks Natalie!

Kelly_thenymphadors

Mar 12, 2020
Magnolia, TX
www.thenymphadora.com
FACEBOOK
thenymphadora
TWITTER
Jade_Kelly8
I use affiliate marketing right now and having made anything from that yet. But I also sell products and that brings in some, but I'd love to boost my income from the blog for sure. I'd love to get into sponsored posts or ambassador with a company

$0.08 here from adsense. I HATE ads so I think it truly goes against who I am to keep them, especially when there is no money to be had. I'm working on my "products" and budget coaching/training sessions. I am considering Blogging Blastoff 2.0 but need to save up a little money to go for it - hoping that'll help me make really money.
I just saw that they're offering a $100 discount for April sign up. This might be the month to go for it! :) I found it to be really helpful in so many ways.

Feb 12, 2020
www.travel-mi.com
i Started with adding amazon product links into some of my posts and because I didn’t make any sales within I think it was 180 days they cancelled our agreement. I am located in Canada and it maybe different than other countries but was pretty disappointed. I would love to learn other strategies to generate income
I'm in Michigan and Amazon canceled my agreement too. I've learned you have to have decent traffic before taking the time to place Amazon links. Bummer for sure.