How are you making money with your blog?

Feb 7, 2020
Florida
mommydidyouknow.com
Like the others, I tried adsense but made like $5 over a week haha. I just started my website two weeks ago, so knew that I would not be making that much. Instead, I offered a free email prenatal class, switched the kind of “feel” of the website to be more of a free resources place. And added a donate button after my free classes. I made $10 after a day, still better than adsense lol. I also added affiliate marketing so i have some blog posts about recommendations for mom and baby. No purchases made yet though. Oh and the email crash course was amazing! I spent $10 to “boost” it on facebook... my email subscribers went from 6 to 40 in 3 days! But i guess thats for the traffic section... but traffic leads to better monetization :)

Last edited:

nishthapant

Feb 6, 2020
Houston, Texas
dawnandhope.com
I need to learn too.
I have the Amazon affiliate, info links ads ( never heard back from Adsense, so thinking they never approved me!), booking.com & just joined ShareASale( haven’t put up any of their products up yet), but have not earned anything yet. It’s been just over a month, so not much traffic, so no clicks yet. Would love to learn tips how to monetize!

AmbryAcres

Feb 10, 2020
ON, Canada
ambryacres.com
i Started with adding amazon product links into some of my posts and because I didn’t make any sales within I think it was 180 days they cancelled our agreement. I am located in Canada and it maybe different than other countries but was pretty disappointed. I would love to learn other strategies to generate income

Feb 6, 2020
teastheseason3.com
Here's what I am currently doing but also would like some feedback or thoughts -

I have Amazon products on....no takers at this point :( Someone please buy something (just teasing).

I have reached out for published posts, etc but am still trying to get some traffic. Most don't want to do much with me until I get more traffic and I completely understand that.

I have a cookbook in the works - 80% done and will begin to market that. Along with a bunch of other freebie stuff I have put together.

But here's my big question for the lounge - I have my blog, Teas The Season. I am developing a vintage china shop that will be on my blog site called The Steeping Teapot (not stand alone at this point). Do I need to establish this as a separate business? Copyright? Separate Tax IT? Can I launch while I get some of this set up if I need to do all this stuff? Not opening brick and mortar just online.

Thanks....and let me know if this was okay to post in this forum?

Reactions: debbih

Misfit Living

Feb 7, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.MisfitLiving.com
This is for Beth...
I don't have Misfit Living (my blog) as a separate business from Misfit Metal & Wood Products. I don't have a brick and mortar either - only online (my site, Etsy, Ebay, Amazon) I branded them all under Misfit and have that on my license under "also operating under". That might vary from state to state so you might want to research that but I just claim them all under one (I'm an LLC). I put a brand disclaimer at the bottom of my site and I am using Woocommerce for Bluehost plugin and theme. You can name your shop and start putting products on and have them show up on your blog when you are ready to launch your store.

Oh and by the way... I made a whopping $1.35 from being an affiliate with Amazon and that's because I did a work around so I didn't loose my affiliate status like AmbryAcres... :(

Reactions: debbih
Feb 6, 2020
teastheseason3.com
This is for Beth...
I don't have Misfit Living (my blog) as a separate business from Misfit Metal & Wood Products. I don't have a brick and mortar either - only online (my site, Etsy, Ebay, Amazon) I branded them all under Misfit and have that on my license under "also operating under". That might vary from state to state so you might want to research that but I just claim them all under one (I'm an LLC). I put a brand disclaimer at the bottom of my site and I am using Woocommerce for Bluehost plugin and theme. You can name your shop and start putting products on and have them show up on your blog when you are ready to launch your store.

Oh and by the way... I made a whopping $1.35 from being an affiliate with Amazon and that's because I did a work around so I didn't loose my affiliate status like AmbryAcres... :(

Thanks so much Misfit Living - this is very helpful. I think I am a go! Do you also have a terms and conditions and return policy? I have Woocommerce loaded and have pics in place. Just need to launch. Love the Amazon! Hmmmmm Will have to check out your site! Thanks again.

akvavle

Feb 7, 2020
I am really struggling with this. I haven't made any money so far, I didn't like the adsense, which seems to be a theme here. I have a few affiliate links, but haven't made anything from them. I would love to get into sponsored posts, but don't have a strong enough following for that yet. I am struggling with where to go from here... Any suggestions?

Lilarisa

Feb 7, 2020
Using Affiliate links. New site, have only 3 blogs so far. No sales but I am not expecting anything yet. Planning to do give aways to draw more people but don't know how to approach that yet:). I think I will just focus on writting my first 20 posts for now.

Reactions: Andi.Kep

Misfit Living

Feb 7, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.MisfitLiving.com
Thanks so much Misfit Living - this is very helpful. I think I am a go! Do you also have a terms and conditions and return policy? I have Woocommerce loaded and have pics in place. Just need to launch. Love the Amazon! Hmmmmm Will have to check out your site! Thanks again.
Yes I have a term and conditions and a return policy. I just went to Etsy and Ebay and kinda just stayed with what I have there... 14 day window, buyer pays return...la la la... If you are looking at shipping items to your customers, I did some research and compared pricing, discounts, benefits, and the almighty "monthly service fee"... I ended up going with Send Pro (Pitney Bowes). I pay $5.29 a month, have a scale, and their shipping prices are pretty reasonable if you compare their discounts to the discounts that Ebay and Etsy give. They are A LOT cheaper than you pay if you don't use a service. I hope this helps :)

Feb 6, 2020
www.TheFlipFlopFiles.com
i Started with adding amazon product links into some of my posts and because I didn’t make any sales within I think it was 180 days they cancelled our agreement. I am located in Canada and it maybe different than other countries but was pretty disappointed. I would love to learn other strategies to generate income
I'm in Canada too, and the same thing happened to me. I'm starting to get more traffic, so I reapplied and was accepted.

Jlucas81

Feb 6, 2020
I became a Affiliate for Amazon and the first 6 months I go 3 sales. So they booted out and I had to reapply.
I did that and now I have started focused posts.
I create affiliate posts which focus on my subject for focus Key Phrase and find products that fit into that category and add them to my post.
For SEO boosts I use Yoast SEO plug in.
This gives me information that helps me create good SEO posts.
I still have not made any money but I know with the consistency, of what I am doing will bring the reward eventually.

Feb 6, 2020
teastheseason3.com
Yes I have a term and conditions and a return policy. I just went to Etsy and Ebay and kinda just stayed with what I have there... 14 day window, buyer pays return...la la la... If you are looking at shipping items to your customers, I did some research and compared pricing, discounts, benefits, and the almighty "monthly service fee"... I ended up going with Send Pro (Pitney Bowes). I pay $5.29 a month, have a scale, and their shipping prices are pretty reasonable if you compare their discounts to the discounts that Ebay and Etsy give. They are A LOT cheaper than you pay if you don't use a service. I hope this helps :)
Extremely helpful for sure. Was Woocommerce easy for you to setup? I am struggling with it but have gotten my items out there. Just can't seem to get the cart, account information, payment stuff on the page. Thanks for the information on the shipping. All this is great information.