10k Challenge Question Thread - Day 3 - Friday 7/10/2020

Randi

May 13, 2020
I tried to post a video on my blog last week but it keeps buffering so much you can't even watch it. I have a Samsung S20+ phone. Is there some special settings I need to use? What am I doing wrong?

LearnLanguagesFast

Jul 7, 2020
Australia
www.learnlanguagesfast.com
TWITTER
LearnLangFast
Ok - just some feedback.

I'm seeing issues for those of us who live in places that means it's 10 or 12 hours after the email goes out when we get to work. Checking through the posts from yesterday, there are many people who aren't getting a single comment. (Yes, I'm one.) Now I sort of expected it, being in the niche I am in... there are honestly just not that many people in my niche. But seeing others in other niches posting their link earlier in the cycle to a post that actually crosses into my niche too and getting six comments, lends me to think it is more a cycle issue.

I am personally working to select people who don't have a comment (although some of you have none or one post, have no comment area... sort of defeats the purpose), but also trying to optimise my time spent on challenge assignments. It took me two hours to work through the exercise yesterday, trying to find posts and blogs that are *somewhat* in similar interest spaces.

Maybe those who have the time might consider going back after 24 hours and doing the exercise again, so that everyone is included.

And maybe for the organisation of the challenge - perhaps it would be worth spacing the "give us your info" tasks a day or so before the "now go and support everyone else" tasks. That way, those who are early in the cycle have a full set of info to choose from, and those late in the cycle aren't disadvantaged so much.

Jul 6, 2020
Ask any questions here that you have about Day 3.
I need some advice on this one!
My blog is dedicated to sharing our infertility and foster-to-adopt journey as well as showcasing and highlighting the toddler activities I create for my 2-year-old as an elementary teacher.
I have an Instagram and have posted pictures of my daughter but they either have a sticker covering her face or it is an angle of her face where you can not see much detail.
THIS IS KEY! My daughter is (as you predicted from my niche) adopted. Her biological family is not healthy or safe so we need to keep her identity concealed. We also use a pseudo-name for her online.
I get that I can talk to the camera about our story but what I really would love to do is show the toddler activities--
Do you have any suggestions on how to create a video showcasing the toddler activities without actually showing my toddler?
THANK YOU!

LearnLanguagesFast

Jul 7, 2020
Australia
www.learnlanguagesfast.com
TWITTER
LearnLangFast
My blog is dedicated to sharing our infertility and foster-to-adopt journey as well as showcasing and highlighting the toddler activities I create for my 2-year-old as an elementary teacher.
I have an Instagram and have posted pictures of my daughter but they either have a sticker covering her face or it is an angle of her face where you can not see much detail.
THIS IS KEY! My daughter is (as you predicted from my niche) adopted. Her biological family is not healthy or safe so we need to keep her identity concealed. We also use a pseudo-name for her online.
I get that I can talk to the camera about our story but what I really would love to do is show the toddler activities--
Do you have any suggestions on how to create a video showcasing the toddler activities without actually showing my toddler?
THANK YOU!
Confidentiality for all our babies is such an important topic. You have probably already thought of these, but off the top of my head...
  • show the activity and "cut her head off" in the frame (can work sometimes)
  • show the activity "over the shoulder", and so from the back
  • do an 'over the shoulder' view of YOU demonstrating the activity
  • if you have friends who don't mind their babies being online, use a group/toddler that doesn't include your girl
None of them are perfect, but different methods might work for different activities.

lesliecarbone

Feb 7, 2020
sancerresatsunset.com
FACEBOOK
SancerresAtSunset
TWITTER
lesliecarbone
YOUTUBE
lesliecarbone
THANK YOU!
Could you record your daughter doing the activities from behind, so that her face isn't showing?

Jun 9, 2020
www.dpauleydesigns.com
I don’t have a question. I just wanted to say that when I take the time to subscribe to peoples YouTube channels I do it to support people. Maybe it’s not exactly the niche I follow but I still want to support people. But It’s very disheartening when people follow your channel (and I make a point to follow back if I can find who followed me) and you wake up the next day and they unfollow you. Just disappointing!

Elise

Jun 10, 2020
THANK YOU!
Could you show just your toddler's hands doing an activity? Set up camera on a tripod or something so it is being filmed from above?

Elise

Jun 10, 2020
So I just did my first video on IG...it went ok, I did it about 5 times, I couldn't figure out how to take a video that was more than 1 minute long? So I ended up just shortening what I was going to say. How do you make a video in IGTV? Mine just went on my profile page