Jun 11, 2020
sweetsouthernliving.com
FACEBOOK
sweetsouthernliving
TWITTER
melissaogwynn
YOUTUBE
sweetsouthernliving
How (exactly) should we post our links? Meaning, do we just copy and paste in the reply box; or do we add link by clicking on the "link chain" tool? Mine never seem to show a preview like others and I've tried it both ways :unsure:

TheWanderWells

Jul 8, 2020
If we have opted not to have comments turned on for our blog, would it be okay to post a link to an Instagram or Facebook post instead for comments to be made to that?

Team Reese

Administrator
Admin
Mar 17, 2020
How (exactly) should we post our links? Meaning, do we just copy and paste in the reply box; or do we add link by clicking on the "link chain" tool? Mine never seem to show a preview like others and I've tried it both ways :unsure:
Hi Melissa! You can just copy and paste the link. For it to show a preview, you will need a featured image uploaded for your blog post.

Team Reese

Administrator
Admin
Mar 17, 2020
If we have opted not to have comments turned on for our blog, would it be okay to post a link to an Instagram or Facebook post instead for comments to be made to that?
HI! If you aren't using comments for your blog, you can skip today's lesson. Commenting on social media profiles will be in the upcoming challenges.

Reactions: TheWanderWells

Thesleeplessmom

Feb 6, 2020
thesleeplessmom.com
While we are on the topic of blog comments.... Is there any secret to preventing spam comments? I “move to spam” about 20 comments a day from bots posting. Any advice would be appreciated!!

LifeRunSweet

Jun 9, 2020
While we are on the topic of blog comments.... Is there any secret to preventing spam comments? I “move to spam” about 20 comments a day from bots posting. Any advice would be appreciated!!
I use a plugin (Akismet) on WordPress that sent comments deemed as Spam to a Spam Comment folder. You can review them and if something slips through that is not spam, you can still approve it. It has always done a really good job for me.

Reactions: Team Reese
Apr 10, 2020
New Mexico
www.TravelswithSuz.com
FACEBOOK
TravelswithSuz
TWITTER
SuzMcConaghy
YOUTUBE
TravelswithSuz
Yes; if you haven't yet found this help group for WordPress, bookmark it. In that group, here's a clear explanation of how to do it, so you don't have to ask it again:
Good luck! It worked instantly for me.

Reactions: Team Reese

jeancarolyn

Feb 7, 2020
Georgia
literarilymyway.com
I am having an issue with receipts of comments. I think they are possible spam, but not sure so I keep answering them all. Sometimes it is more than 40 or 50 in a day. They all have g or g something, but different emails. When I reluctantly follow the UrLs they usually go to an actual site. Is there something I can do to weed out spam, but to sincerely answer all "real" comments? What I can tell is that most are coming from other contries outside of the U.S.A.

Team Reese

Administrator
Admin
Mar 17, 2020
I am having an issue with receipts of comments. I think they are possible spam, but not sure so I keep answering them all. Sometimes it is more than 40 or 50 in a day. They all have g or g something, but different emails. When I reluctantly follow the UrLs they usually go to an actual site. Is there something I can do to weed out spam, but to sincerely answer all "real" comments? What I can tell is that most are coming from other contries outside of the U.S.A.
The plugin Akismet works great to help weed out spam comments.

Team Reese

Administrator
Admin
Mar 17, 2020
Is there a simple way to search through all the links to find those in our niche (or close)? I'm trying to search by the domains that people put into the spreadsheet, but not always having much luck...
You won't be able to edit the page from the link, but you can copy the info and paste it into a new document and then use the sort feature to sort by niche.

LearnLanguagesFast

Jul 7, 2020
Australia
www.learnlanguagesfast.com
TWITTER
LearnLangFast
You won't be able to edit the page from the link, but you can copy the info and paste it into a new document and then use the sort feature to sort by niche.
I use CTRL F and type in each niche. If it is listed on the spreadsheet it will show you how many times. Once it gets a hit I check out those sites.
Yup, did both those things, but was actually meaning searching the comments here in the thread of people who are posting a link to their blog. At first I was finding that many domains weren't listed and thought the search function wasn't very good. Eventually I started having some luck.